Reality Begins with Consciousness |
Cry the Beloved Mind |
Déjà Vu Trilogy
RBC-Key Features | RBC-Glimpses and Glossary | Collector's Items |
Forensic Expert |
Innovative Psychopharmacotherapy |
Déjà Vu Revisited |
Déjà Vu: Second Look |
Déjà Vu Glossary & Library
For more on the following click here:
Deja vu |
Seizures & Spells |
Anxiety & Depression |
Dieting and Nutrition
More on Cry the Beloved Mind |
More on Deja Vu |
More on Attorney Experts
Vernon Neppe.org |
Potential areas of focus for the media
Dr Vernon Neppe's new literary genre, sciction, is portrayed for the first time in his latest
book, Cry the Beloved Mind : A Voyage of Hope.
Why should I,
as a media person, regard this book and Dr. Neppe any differently
from the hundreds of requests I receive per year for interviews,
reviews and articles?
Cry the Beloved Mind: A Voyage of Hope and the author Vernon
M Neppe MD, PhD present so many diverse areas for potential
radio, TV and newspaper interviews and news snippets.
Need and expert or are
you wanting to introduce new niches?
Consider interviewing Professor Neppe!
I. LITERARY DILEMMA -- An entirely new flavor.
- Is the new term, Sciction, indeed a new literary
concept reflecting Science through Fiction?
- Is there a value to writing a play within prose?
- What is a conversagraph?
II. SELF HELP ELEMENTS -- Encouragement for patients and families.
Cry the Beloved Mind implies A Voyage
- Can patients be more optimistic now than they were
- Are there really answers out there for intractable
- Can these be applied to ordinary patients with depression
or seizures who have mild conditions?
- If this is Sciction -- science through fiction --
is there any application to the real world?
- Is this book ground-breaking?
- Why is it so different from any other book in the field?
III. MEDICAL DILEMMAS -- Debating issues
- Can the incurable be cured?
- What is normal?
- Can explosions occur in the brain? Can they be treated?
- What is the ideal antidepressant?
- Can too much drug cause the seizures it's meant to cure?
- How do cigarettes, caffeine and juices interact with
- What is the medical perspective on herbal remedies?
- Is generic substitution okay?
- What is sometimes missed in the psychotic patient?
- How can we search for meaning?
- Can natural earth changes affect the brain?
- Can we awaken patients who are as immobile as statues?
- Can we normalize our behavior through brain chemistry?
- Are guns lethal or weapons of self-defense?
- Is Prozac really so good? Or is it dangerous?
IV. A DILEMMA SOLVED? -- New discoveries
- Psychiatry entered a period of turmoil with the discovery
that the drugs we use to treat the most severe of psychiatric
conditions, psychosis, cause the terrible and sometimes debilitating
condition of tardive dyskinesia. What is this tardive dyskinesia
- Can we really help this condition?
- But surely this is an absolutely major discovery?
IV. FASCINATING ISSUES -- Medical tidbits
- What constitutes informed consent?
- Can we truly simplify brain medications into those that
act electrically and those that act chemically?
- But why interview Dr. Neppe?
- Because he is an excellent raconteur, experienced with the
media, has persuasive skills and is prepared to debate issues.
His ease with the media linked with his extensive teaching and
public speaking experience is a distinct plus.
- But what about expertise?
- He is a recognized international expert in the fields of
neuropsychiatry and psychopharmacology.
- He has been listed in Who's Who in the World, Best Doctors
in America and Five hundred Leaders of Influence. His major contributions
make him newsworthy.
- What recent example?
- It was he that the media turned to when they wanted clarity
on the famous amnesia case of the Tacoma reporter Jody Roberts.
- Could we use him for other issues, besides the book?
- Most certainly. Dr. Neppe could recently have been interviewed
in relation to the gun control issues that have been topical.
He is an expert on memory, brain function, strange behaviors,
depression, aggression, the paranormal and seizures.
- There are also issues of relevance to his book?
- Indeed, he can express expert opinions on medicine and the
law, normality, generic substitution, brain chemistry, herbal
cures, caffeine and even search for meaning.
Home | Cry the Beloved Mind
| Reality Begins with Consciousness
| Déjà Vu | Order Books | PNI.org | Contact BrainVoyage